Tica's Take on homeschool so far....
Three things that I like about homeschool are:
- I think that it is really cool that we get to go snorkeling almost everyday.
- I like reading for 40 minutes a day. You almost never get to do that in regular school.
- I find if fun to see and do things in real life rather than read about them in a textbook.
There isn’t much not to like about homeschool but here are three things that I don’t like:
- I don’t like doing ALEKS because it is boring and always the same. The program doesn’t come up with any ways to change it or make it fun.
- There are only two students in our school. I like to work with a lot of people and, well, obviously I can’t.
- It can also get a little annoying to have your teachers with you 24/7.
Here are three improvements I think we could make to our homeschool:
- I think that we should do more art. I draw and do art on my own time but we don’t do much of it in school. I would like to see us learn more about art and craft making in the cultures that surround us. It would be fun for instance, to learn how to weave a mat out of coconut fronds.
- I also want to learn to cook. Maybe we could learn how to cook a traditional meal in every culture that we visit?
- I want to have a more creative curriculum. For instance, maybe we could do some more creative projects in math. I am more than half way through the sixth grade math curriculum. Once we are finished, it would be fun to do ALEKS a little less and do more “fun” math using books, games, etc.