Monday, September 21, 2009

Ian's Take on our Arrival


Hi Everybody

We made it to Fiji ok and it is so fun. We have are own private beach, a lily pond with a stream and 119 acres around us. There are cows, goats, and lots of coconuts.

We went snorkeling yesterday. We saw parrotfish and cone shells, which are poisonous. We saw money cowrie shells, tiger cowrie shells, and 3 crown of thorns starfish, which eat coral. It was very cool.

I was not expecting to not have Internet access but at least we have an Internet café here in Savusavu town. We are 11 km out of town and have to ride a bus to get there.

I met some kids and I play soccer with them. They are very nice and I like them a lot. I don’t know their names but they call me “the guy from the US.”

It is so big here! The flight was so long but at least we had little TVs in the backs of our seats.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers